Therapy claim protocol
This protocol is a draft. It has not yet been accepted as protocol and may be incorrect or poorly cited. Please do not use this in your work until it has been accepted.
Please see #protocols on Slack to discuss this protocol further.
This is the protocol for claiming support for therapy expences.
When to claim for therapy
QC funded therapy covers therapy to deal with your expereinces while working for queercare, and relevent things from your life which are bought up by it. For example, QC funds therapy focusing on:
- The outcomes of supporting someone who self harmed or attempted in your presence, or told you about their actions.
- The outcomes of wittnessing Intimate partner violence(IPV), or supporting someone involved in IPV.
- Outcomes related to your own experience of IPV, if your work in QC triggered these.
- Outcomes of wittnessing police violence on a protest.
- Outcomes of someone you're supporting threatening you, or attempting to manipulate you.
- Outcomes relating to a person you're caring for eating a strawberry, where you had previous experience of traumatic events which resurfaced as a result of you eating a strawbery.
Qc does not fund therapy you may require which is unrelated to your work for QC, but we trust you to be the judge of this for yourself.
QC does not fund therapy for people that we are supporting, or anyone not working with queercare.
How to claim for therapy
There are two options for claiming for therapy:
Queercare funds therapy at full rate, from any bacp acredited therapist.