Jump to navigation
Jump to search
← Older edit
Newer edit →
Protesting Safer in a Pandemic Protocol
Revision as of 11:47, 10 June 2020
1,942 bytes added
11:47, 10 June 2020
→If you are part of a welfare/first aid team
* You should avoid contact with people at high-risk to the effects of COVID-19 for 14 days following the protest.
==If you are part of a welfare
If you are part of a team distributing welfare (masks, water, snacks, etc.) '''you will present a high risk of spreading the virus''' between protesters, back into the community, and ultimately of contracting the virus yourself. As a result '''additional precautions should be considered'''. You should also make considerations to what welfare items are distributed.
* Be '''done at arms length''' where possible.
* Be '''handed out directly by the welfare team''' rather than the person helping themselves from a bag.
** This is to reduce the time in close contact
** If the person does not want to take things that have been handled by others, they should be encouraged to sanitise their hands
, and shown the correct technique
* Handing out individual bottles is preferable.
* If you are using a large bottle, you should:
** Also take disposable cups.
** Only refill wide neck bottles, and ensure the neck of the large bottle does not come in contact with the bottle being filled.
* Individually wrapped snacks are preferable.
'''Hand sanitiser''' should be added as an essential part of welfare supplies during pandemic conditions.
* The welfare team should be [[Hand_hygiene_protocol|sanitising their hands]] frequently whilst distributing, after every few groups at minimum.
* Encouraging protesters to sanitise their hands.
* This can work well as a buddy-pair, with 1 buddy handing out items, and the other with hand sanitiser to reducecross-contamination.
'''Surgical masks''' are a useful addition to the usual welfare supplies.
* When handing out masks, you should '''instruct people the [[Close_contact_mask_protocol#Without_a_nylon_overlay|correct way to wear them]]'''.
* If it is likely that kettling will be used against the protest you can hold back a supply of masks to hand out and '''encourage people to change into a fresh mask when a kettle is formed'''.
Retrieved from ‘